My family

My family
My Family

Friday, August 26, 2011

Updates

Life with a toddler and newborn is quite busy leaving little time for me to blog.  I actually have a minute (maybe less) so I wanted to update my readers on our family.

Austin was tested for a speech delay the beginning of August.  He was found to have a mild speech delay of 7 months.  Next Monday his speech therapist starts coming for weekly visits to work with him.  We have been continuing to work on sign language with him to help him communicate with us his wants and needs.  He knows about 4 signs and is excited to use them.

Aubrey is now 5 weeks old and starting to be more awake during the day.  She gives us an occasional smile that truly melts our hearts.  She is extremely lucky to have a big brother who repeatedly replaces her pacifier when she spits it out.  I normally only replace a few times before I give up, but Austin will do this all day.  Tuesday she went to the doctor for a check up and weighs 8lbs 5oz and is 21.5 inches long.  We also found out her newborn PKU screening results were positive for an amino acid disorder.  Wednesday she had a repeat PKU screening.  We will find out the results in another week or so.  After much research we have found that it is not uncommon for this screening test to come back with a false positive.  We are prayerful this is the case for Aubrey.

Today Adam took a day off work to stay home with us.  We are headed out this afternoon to get some much needed shopping done.  Adam and Austin are taking on the grocery store while Aubrey and I are tackling target.  We are having family photos taken this evening - - any suggestions on how to keep Austin in good spirits are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment