My family

My family
My Family

Monday, July 11, 2011

Random Fact

I just discovered a random fact about myself and thought I would share. 

I have been pregnant or nursing since March 2009.  Currently that adds up to 28 months. 

I plan to nurse our daughter for at least 12 months.  Which would add up to 40 months of pregnancy/nursing/pregnancy/nursing.

I realize this is by no means the longest straight stretch of pregnancy/nursing that exists.  But I did find it interesting.

I quickly "googled" to see what the longest stretch a woman breastfed one child - according to ChaCha.com, there is a document case of 7 years, 4 months.  I did not further research, but my best guess is this would be a mother and child in a tribe.  I have read many great breastfeeding stories about mothers in tribes - I feel those women are amazing milk producers.

No comments:

Post a Comment