My family

My family
My Family

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Final weeks

July is here!  I am full of emotions realizing that sometime this month I will be having another baby. 

I remember the day I found out we were expecting.  It was a Wednesday, Adam had already left for work and this news would have to wait until him and I were together.  I ran out and purchased Austin a "Big Brother" shirt and a few other winter clothing items.  When I arrived home that night (late - 9pm, I had known for 13 hours) from teaching dance, I showed Adam my purchases.  When he saw the "big brother" shirt, he remarked "oh, that's cute, for like the future?"  I responded with yes, near future - how about July.

I remember creating a calendar for our parents to share our news.  July featured a photo of Austin wearing his big brother shirt proudly.  We planned to wait until Christmas to tell.  But, quickly realized that there would be no way for me to hold back my morning sickness during Austin's 1st birthday party.  It was exciting watching each family member flip through the calendar months, discovering July broadcasting my pregnancy.  Some people caught on right away and others...not so much.

And now, I am in the last few weeks/days of pregnancy - and I am ready to accept the challenge of mother of two.  The heat of today has completely exhausted me.  I'm uncomfortable and just ready to meet this baby girl that I feel moving inside my belly. 

Thursday 7/7 could be the day...or not.  I am a planner and the chance of going into labor or my water breaking terrifies me.  When I wake, I like to know what my day holds.  I have anxiety that my daughter might change my plans.  July 20 I am to arrive at the hospital no later than 5:30am.  I will have a c-section promptly at 7:30am.  And, by 8:30am I will have a daughter in my arms.  That is the plan on the calendar.  My doctor keeps reminding me that "just because we scheduled surgery, doesn't mean you won't have the baby early".  I know God knows my baby's birthday, it would just be nice for me to know in advance so I can be mentally prepared.  Regardless baby A will be here in 18 days or less.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so excited to meet her and this little blog made me tear up. Love you sister.
    ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete