My family

My family
My Family

Friday, April 1, 2011

Nesting

I am now 23 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child.  Let me start by saying this pregnancy has been progressing quickly.  Apparently playing and chasing after Austin keeps me occupied.  Too busy to notice my growing belly and the kicks and punches of my daughter getting stronger each day.

I believe during my pregnancy with Austin I had everything ready and waiting by 15 weeks.  I was the 1st time mom, who just could not wait.  Every day I grew more anxious.  The nursery was painted and furnished months in advance.

This time around is quite different.  I am of course overjoyed to bring another baby into our family.  However, I have no desire to prepare for her arrival.  Where is my nesting instinct??  I can think of several projects I would like to tackle in the next couple months.  I just lack the time and motivation to actually start the to do list.

This past Monday my ob had a brief discussion with me regarding the schedule of events for delivery day.  I am to arrive at the hospital at 5:30, surgery will begin at 7:30, she will be born somewhere around 8:00, and she will be in my arms by 8:30.  Yes, he said she will be in my arms by 8:30!  Yikes, at 8:30 I will be the momma to 2 children - I can't wait!  While checking out with the receptionist after meeting with my ob, she wanted me to schedule the remainder of my appointments until delivery.  By making these appointments, I realized July will be here sooner than I think.

So perhaps the events of Monday have given the nesting instinct a boost.  This week I have added a lot to my to do list.

I currently have a strong desire to make cloth wipes.  We use cloth diapers with Austin and love it.  I now want to branch out and begin using cloth wipes as well.  Cloth wipes are available to purchase, but I want to be crafty and make some myself.  I will update on how this project progresses.

Another project I would like to attempt is making hair bows.  One of my 1st thoughts after learning we were having a daughter - "She will need bows for her hair".  I realize that baby girls do not like to wear bows and they rarely will stay on their tiny, precious heads.  Regardless, my daughter will have some bows.  Sometime in the future I will travel to the craft store and purchase an array of ribbon and see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment